Sunday, 4 December 2011

In loving memory



My  Body Weeps Milk


My body weeps milk
  and every sweet drop is for you


I've told it to stop
  but still it flows
    like the tears that leave 
       the taste of salt on my lips


My body shrinks
  and the emptiness expands
     echoing an aching silence


I chase memories like fading rainbows
   your sweet voice
       your peaceful gaze
            your angelic smile


You washed away time
   and painted on my heart
     the secrets of love and joy
        humility and selflessness


But I left you there
  wrapped gently in white
    the fresh soil that embraces you now
       still caked on my hands


And with every anguishing step away
  I knew I would forever be
    chasing 
       fading 
           rainbows




Gone


without
no longer
no more


empty arms
shriveled insides
dried milk


shattered expectations
splicing my feet


lost
too late


nothingness
hollowness
suffocating Silence


gone
no breath
no heartbeat
never again


gone





Sweetness


on your breath a flower blooms
in your eyes the sky reflects the calm waters of eternity
with your smile a thousand years of happiness enters my heart


i keep you close
You hear my heart


in your sleep, 
                 your sweetness drapes the world in a mist of dreams
the softness of your skin like petals floating on a breeze
your wings hidden by the light of stars


i keep you close
You hear my heart


- To our sweet Samira, love Mommy - 2011















1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kasia.

    It is nine years since Isaac, our beloved first-born grandchild, died two days after his birth.

    I can testify that the pain never goes away. But it can get softer, and -- somehow -- sweeter. Samira will still have much to teach you in this life.

    "My Body Weeps Milk" is stunningly beautiful, and brought back memories of sitting with our daughter as her breasts overflowed with such tears. I am forwarding it to her.

    We are all so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete